There has been some selling insider activity on Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL) recently. Chief Commercial Officer Anthony Mauro sold 10,000 shares at an average price of $40.00 on June 9th. The Chief Commercial Officer now owns $5,626,120 of the stock per an SEC filing yesterday. President Rajiv Malik sold 25,000 shares at an average price of $40.00 on Fri the 9th. That brings Malik’s holdings to $31,994,200 as recorded in a recent Form 4 SEC filing.
Heather M. Bresch, CEO sold $5,010,000 worth of shares at an average price of $50.00 on Tue the 9th. Bresch now owns $41,415,900 of stock as reported to the SEC.
Mylan N.V., launched on July 7, 2014, is a global pharmaceutical company. The Company develops, licenses, manufactures, markets and distributes generic, brand name and over-the-counter (OTC) products in a range of dosage forms and therapeutic categories. It operates through three segments on a geographic basis, North America, Europe and Rest of World. The Business’s Cold-EEZE family of brands includes OTC cold remedies sold as lozenges, gummies, oral sprays, caplets, QuickMelts and oral liquid dose forms in the United States. The North America segment is primarily made up of its operations in the United States and Canada. The Europe segment is made up its operations in approximately 35 countries within the region. The Rest of World segment is primarily made up of its operations in India, Australia, Japan and New Zealand. Also included in the Rest of World segment are its operations in markets, which include countries in Africa (including South Africa), as well as Brazil and other countries throughout Asia and the Middle East. The Company conducts active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) business through Mylan Laboratories Limited (Mylan India). As of December 31, 2016, it offers product portfolios, including approximately 7,500 marketed products around the world, to customers in over 165 countries and territories. It operates a global vertically integrated manufacturing platform around the world and API operations. It also operates research and development (R&D) network that delivers product pipeline, including a range of dosage forms, therapeutic categories and biosimilars..
Here are a few other firms who have also updated their positions. Clearbridge Investments, LLC augmented its position by buying 888 shares an increase of 0.1% in the quarter. Clearbridge Investments, LLC claims 1,264,904 shares valued at $49,319,000. The total value of its holdings increased 2.3%. Piedmont Investment Advisors LLC added to its investment by buying 842 shares an increase of 0.8% as of 03/31/2017. Piedmont Investment Advisors LLC now holds 100,249 shares with a value of $3,909,000. The value of the position overall is up by 3.1%.
Proficio Capital Partners LLC bolstered its holdings by buying 167 shares an increase of 14.7% from 12/31/2016 to 03/31/2017. Proficio Capital Partners LLC currently owns 1,305 shares worth $51,000. The total value of its holdings increased 18.6%. As of quarter end Morgan Stanley had bought a total of 4,950 shares growing its holdings by 15.8%. The value in dollars increased from $1,192,000 to $1,411,000 a change of 18.4% quarter to quarter.
On May 22 the company was upgraded to “Overweight” from “Equal-weight” by Barclays. Equity analyst Mizuho issued its first research report on the stock setting a rating of “Buy”.
On October 10 the stock rating was upgraded from “Market Perform” to “Strong Buy” in an announcement from Raymond James. On October 10, 2016 the stock rating was changed to a “Strong Buy” by which is up from the previous “” rating.
On September 30 Leerink Swann maintained a stock rating of “” but lowered the price expectation from $55.00 to $45.00. September 23 investment analysts at Deutsche Bank left the company rating at “Buy” and lowered the price expectation to $58.00 from $65.00.
The company is trading up from yesterday’s close of $39.71. Shares of the company are trading at $40.09 slightly over $38.40, the stock’s 50 day moving average and which is marginally higher than the 200 day moving average of $38.95. The 50 day moving average was up $1.69 or +4.39% whereas the 200 day moving average was up $1.14 or +2.93%.
The company’s P/E ratio is 40.05 and the market cap is 21.49B. As of the last earnings report the EPS was $1.00 and is expected to be $5.18 for the current year with 535,950,000 shares now outstanding. Analysts expect next quarter’s EPS will be $1.46 and the next full year EPS is anticipated to be $5.66.
Investors are a little more bullish on Mylan N.V. lately as inferred by the decrease in short interest. The firm saw a fall in short interest of -5.52% as of the latest report on April 28, 2017. Short shares fell from 17,975,806 to 16,983,681 over that period. Days to cover decreased from 4.2 to 2.8 and the percentage of shorted shares was 0.03% on April 28.