There has been some selling insider activity on Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ:MYL) recently. Chief Commercial Officer Anthony Mauro disclosed the sale of 10,000 shares of MYL stock. The shares were sold on June 9th for an average price of $40.00. Mauro now owns $5,626,120 of the stock according to the SEC filing. Rajiv Malik, President reported the sale of 25,000 shares of (MYL). The shares were purchased at an average price of $40.00. The President now owns $31,994,200 of the stock per the Form 4 SEC filing.
Heather M. Bresch, CEO sold $5,010,000 worth of shares at an average price of $50.00 on August 9th. That brings Bresch’s holdings to $41,415,900 per an SEC filing yesterday.
Mylan N.V., launched on July 7, 2014, is a global pharmaceutical company. The Company develops, licenses, manufactures, markets and distributes generic, brand name and over-the-counter (OTC) products in a range of dosage forms and therapeutic categories. It operates through three segments on a geographic basis, North America, Europe and Rest of World. The Business’s Cold-EEZE family of brands includes OTC cold remedies sold as lozenges, gummies, oral sprays, caplets, QuickMelts and oral liquid dose forms in the United States. The North America segment is primarily made up of its operations in the United States and Canada. The Europe segment is made up its operations in approximately 35 countries within the region. The Rest of World segment is primarily made up of its operations in India, Australia, Japan and New Zealand. Also included in the Rest of World segment are its operations in markets, which include countries in Africa (including South Africa), as well as Brazil and other countries throughout Asia and the Middle East. The Company conducts active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) business through Mylan Laboratories Limited (Mylan India). As of December 31, 2016, it offers product portfolios, including approximately 7,500 marketed products around the world, to customers in over 165 countries and territories. It operates a global vertically integrated manufacturing platform around the world and API operations. It also operates research and development (R&D) network that delivers product pipeline, including a range of dosage forms, therapeutic categories and biosimilars..
The following firms have also recently changed their position in MYL. Clearbridge Investments, LLC expanded its investment by buying 888 shares an increase of 0.1% as of 03/31/2017. Clearbridge Investments, LLC owns 1,264,904 shares worth $49,319,000. The value of the position overall is up by 2.3%. Piedmont Investment Advisors LLC added to its stake by buying 842 shares an increase of 0.8%. Piedmont Investment Advisors LLC now controls 100,249 shares valued at $3,909,000. The total value of its holdings increased 3.1%.
As of the end of the quarter Proficio Capital Partners LLC had acquired a total of 167 shares growing its holdings by 14.7%. The value of the investment in MYL increased from $43,000 to $51,000 increasing 18.6% since the last quarter. As of quarter end Morgan Stanley had bought 4,950 shares growing its position 15.8%. The value in dollars went from $1,192,000 to $1,411,000 a change of 18.4% for the reporting period.
On May 22, 2017 the stock rating was rated “Overweight” in a report from Barclays up from the previous “Equal-weight” rating. Mizuho began coverage of MYL giving it an initial rating of “Buy”.
On October 10 the stock rating was upgraded from “Market Perform” to “Strong Buy” in a report from Raymond James. On October 10 the company was set at “Strong Buy” by which is up from the previous “” rating.
On September 30 Leerink Swann left the company rating at “” and moved down the price target from $55.00 to $45.00. September 23 investment analysts at Deutsche Bank left the stock rating at “Buy” but lowered the price expectation to $58.00 from $65.00.
The company is up by 0.96 percent from yesterday’s close. Shares last traded at $40.09 which is just a bit higher than the 50 day moving average which is $38.40 and a tad higher than the 200 day moving average of $38.95. The 50 day moving average moved up $1.69 and the 200 day average was up $1.14.
The most current P/E ratio is 40.05 and market cap is 21.49B. As of the latest earnings report the EPS was $1.00 and is projected to be $5.18 for the current year with 535,950,000 shares outstanding. Next quarter’s EPS is estimated at $1.46 and the next full year EPS is anticipated to be $5.66.
Traders are a little more bullish on the company lately if you take note of the fall in short interest. The company recorded a fall in short interest from May 15, 2017 to April 28, 2017 of -5.52%. Short shares decreased from 17,975,806 to 16,983,681 over that period. The short-interest ratio decreased to 2.8 and the percentage of shorted shares was 0.03% on April 28.